[lsb-discuss] Is getmntent() not in the standard?

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Mon Oct 16 07:08:38 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I have tried to build coreutils with lsbcc and found that the configure script
is not able to find any system call to determine the mounted filesystems; I
believe this should be getmntent() on Linux.

And indeed, it is not in LSB headers. I even could not find it in the specs;
is it possible that this function is not part of the standard? If it is, do
we have any other way of determining mounts?

Thank you for any info,

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     +420 296 542 384
190 00 Praha 9
Czech Republic