[lsb-discuss] LSB, <sys/types.h>, POSIX, and size_t typedef

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Oct 16 10:37:31 PDT 2006

>In a posting of 18-Jul-2003,

>http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=773937
>&group_id=1107&atid=101107
>
>a user reported a problem with LSB that can still be exhibited today

the sourceforge project site for LSB has long been abandoned...
and it looks like some bugs were not brought over like they
were supposed to (bugs.linuxbase.org is the tracker now).

>The error is that POSIX requires that <sys/types.h> define size_t, but
>LSB fails to do so
>
>Are there plans to fix this deficiency in the LSB implementation of
><sys/types.h>?

I'll take a look at it.  Apparently this was discussed and
rejected back when that bug was filed, but I can't see why
defining something in the wrong header isn't something we
could at least try to fix.