[lsb-discuss] the easiest way to build the LSB base system?

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Tue Oct 17 03:52:55 PDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to build a basic, pure LSB runtime and building
environment - basically the same as lsbsi, but using our own packages and,
especially, within our packaging system. We plan to use it as an additional
build architecture, which will ensure that selected packages are LSB
compliant.

However, setting it up is not as easy as I thought :-)

Please, do we have a document how such a system should be built, like "roll
your own lsbsi"? A document on how the original LSBSI is built will be
enough.

Thank you in advance for any info,

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     +420 296 542 384
190 00 Praha 9
Czech Republic