[lsb-discuss] Packaging

Leibowitz, Michael michael.leibowitz at intel.com
Sun Oct 22 17:19:39 PDT 2006

I'm intrigued by the idea of "re-registering" a package with a shared
interest (like plugins), but think it may be somewhat difficult in
practice.  What happens when firefox is upgraded in the distro's
repository?  The secondary package manager doesn't have a repository for
it, so it doesn't know how to update it.  The user has a potential
vulnerable version of firefox installed.  What if it were sendmail?  It
would be problematic to have two sendmail's installed.

--
Michael Leibowitz
Software Engineer, Channel Platform Solutions Group
michael.leibowitz at intel.com
+1 503 264 7621