[lsb-discuss] Linux distributions and LSB certification/compliance status

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Sat Sep 2 06:14:58 PDT 2006

On 9/1/06, Stew Benedict <sbenedict at mandriva.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Ian Murdock wrote:
>
> > http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_Distribution_Status
> >
> > Please send any additions/changes to me. Note that there is a "Notes"
> > field that we can use for free form notes. For example, Debian sarge
> > isn't LSB compliant out of the box, but it can be made compliant by
> > installed DCC 3.0, so there's a link to DCC 3.0 in the "Notes" field.
> >

> To claim "compliance" does the vendor need to have test suite results on
> file somewhere?

No. To claim compliance, you only have to pass the tests. Certification
involves filing the test results with the Free Standards Group (see
http://www.freestandards.org/en/Certification). You can only
use the LSB Certified mark and logo on packaging,
marketing materials, etc., if you are certified (naturally).

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590