[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, September 5, 11am ET)

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Tue Sep 5 06:16:56 PDT 2006

>  - LSB SDK: What do ISVs want to see re workflow? Today, we
>    provide a compiler wrapper and a chroot build environment. Both
>    approaches seem overly heavyweight to me--if it were me, I wouldn't
>    want to change either the compiler or the build environment.
>    Could we implement something that could be more seamlessly
>    embedded in existing build processes, such as post-processors
>    that check object code created by the compiler and that causes
>    the build to fail if there are problems? Other possibilities?

I don't see how this is easier.  lsbcc is designed to not require
changing makefiles in most circumstances, so that you can do:

CC=lsbcc make

or

CC=lsbcc ./configure
make

In other words, we only set an environment variable. Adding any
kind of postprocessing step has got to be heavier weight than that.