[lsb-discuss] what's the deal with assert.h?

Brett A. Taylor brett at realbt.com
Wed Sep 20 09:43:00 PDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:33:00 -0700, "Wichmann, Mats D"
<mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> said:

> >What's the deal with the assert.h included with LSB 3.1 devbase? It
>

> >Any ideas?
>
> It's going to sound flip, but... yeah, it's probably just broken.

Thanks for the confirmation. Before I looked at the LSB assert.h, I was
starting to go a little crazy!

> I recal we bickered once about the implementation, but ultimately,
> without any "real" users, it probably ended up wrong. Perhaps
> totally wrong.
>
> Perhaps now we can get it fixed...

I shall file a bug.

We're undertaking a rewrite of one of our major cross-platform products
where I work, and we're targeting LSB 3.1 right now as one of our Linux
"platforms" for official support. I should have joined this list a while
ago, it probably would have saved me some long days fighting with the
LSB c++ compiler.

Anyway, thanks.

Brett