[lsb-discuss] Info: interfaces being removed in POSIX

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Wed Sep 27 04:30:12 PDT 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 16:52, Wichmann, Mats D spoke thusly:
> As a data point for those who aren't closely following
> the POSIX revision process, these items are currently
> scheduled for removal from the next revision, which
> would be out late 2007 or early 2008:
>
> getcontext, makecontext, setcontext, swapcontext

Hi,

please, do we (POSIX) have any alternatives for these functions if they should
be deprecated? I think they are quite useful in some circumstances (for
example implementing continuation-like things in virtual machines).

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     +420 296 542 384
190 00 Praha 9
Czech Republic