[lsb-discuss] more on POSIX interface removal

Nick Stoughton nick at msbit.com
Wed Sep 27 09:41:04 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 07:35 -0700, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Since I posted the original message a few days ago,
> there have been some issues raised within the
> Austin Group (POSIX revision workgroup) similar to
> what we heard here; so I'm just updating by noting
> this topic is on the agenda for their next call:
>

> 2. Interfaces to be removed in the revision:
> Concerns raised with removal of:
> 2.1 getcontext,makecontext,setcontext,swapcontext, ucontext.h
> 2.2 ecvt,fcvt,gcvt
> 2.3 vfork

The Austin Group teleconferences are open to all, and you are invited to
participate if you have a strong opinion on these interfaces in POSIX
(not the LSB ... that is a whole different case!!)

The next call is TOMORROW, THURSDAY September 28.
The call is at 4:00pm UK local time (GMT/UTC), 08:00am Pacific, 11:00am
   Eastern.

   Dial-in Number: US +1(641) 985-1010

   Access code: 774188#

   The call will last for 1 hour.