[lsb-discuss] Question about sending journals for LSB certification

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Wed Apr 4 06:52:03 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm preparing for certification of the next version of our product (SuSE Linux
Enterprise 10, Service Pack 1), and I have detected that the procedure of
submitting test results has changed slightly. The LSB Test Manager has become
the default, which I am glad to see (as one of the external developers) :-)

However, in our environment it is still often useful to run just the
lsb-autotest from the console, as it is easy to embed in our automated
testing scenarios).

So: can I use the results from the "bare" lsb-autotest script for
certification? The journals are, of course, the same, but the output archive
has slightly different directory structure and does not contain the nifty
HTML report by default (but the report can be easily regenerated).

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     tel: +420 284 028 969
190 00 Praha 9                         fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic