[lsb-discuss] Checking Firefox for LSB-compliance

Sam Hart criswellious at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:13:09 PDT 2007

I just wanted to drop a quick message to this list as an introduction.

My name is Sam Hart, I'm a new full-time employee at the Linux Foundation.

One of the first things I've been asked to do is try and check out
some "big-applications" for LSB-compliance/certification. Basically
see what problems may arise, what steps need to be taken to make them
compliant, etc. I will be documenting my work and it will likely go
towards some "help for third party application builders"-type
document.

The first application I will be looking at is Firefox, and I'd be very
interested in any comments or suggestions from others who may have
tried something similar.