[lsb-discuss] Checking Firefox for LSB-compliance

Banginwar, Rajesh rajesh.banginwar at intel.com
Tue Apr 10 10:18:10 PDT 2007

Some time back we attempted to make Firefox 1.5 LSB compliant. Most of
the issues are easy to fix (e.g. replacing usage of some of the glibc,
and GTK+ interfaces). What we were stuck with was the pango backend that
firefox relies on. Pango backends are not part of LSB as the GTK
community advised against it (it is still not stable enough to guarantee
the ABI across releases, I believe)... I am trying to find more
information about other things we may have found...

Thanks,

-Rajesh