[lsb-discuss] Checking Firefox for LSB-compliance

Sam Hart criswellious at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:56:18 PDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Wichmann, Mats D <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote:

> > Symbol __cxa_pure_virtual has version CXXABI_1.2 expecting CXXABI_1.3
> > Symbol _ZdlPv has version GLIBCPP_3.2 expecting GLIBCXX_3.4
> > Symbol _ZnwjRKSt9nothrow_t has version GLIBCPP_3.2 expecting
> GLIBCXX_3.4
> > Symbol _Znaj has version GLIBCPP_3.2 expecting GLIBCXX_3.4
> > Symbol _ZdaPv has version GLIBCPP_3.2 expecting GLIBCXX_3.4
> > Symbol _Znwj has version GLIBCPP_3.2 expecting GLIBCXX_3.4
>
> besides the core dump problem, this stuff tells you Firefox is
> currently linked against "the wrong" (too old) libstdc++.

I figured as much, which was why I was trying to build Firefox by
hand. Ran into some trouble there and have been talking with some
people with more experience than I at building Firefox to resolve it.

Honestly, I put off the FF tests to work on OpenOffice.org for a bit,
so I'm only now getting back to where I left off on FF.