[lsb-discuss] Moving Qt4 to required for LSB 3.2

Robert Schweikert robert.schweikert at abaqus.com
Fri Apr 20 07:53:59 PDT 2007

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> Robert Schweikert wrote:
>
>> My concern is that SLES 10 and RHEL 4 & 5 will not be "back
>> fitted" with
>> QT 4. Thus apps certifying to 3.2 will loose some major distributions
>> since these distros cannot be 3.2 certified. This change may
>> be premature.
>>

> RHEL 5 has it (or at least, so I'm told).
> SLES10 has it.

That eliminates 2 concerns.
> RHEL 4 won't, that's true.

This might be a problem but we can most likely work around this since
ABAQUS does not need QT itself we can always say "LSB 3.2 also qualified
on RHEL 4" or something like that. This will still get us a better
starting point and broader audience than today's situation.

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
(Robert.Schweikert at abaqus.com)                 LINUX