[lsb-discuss] Does LSB define kernel modules ?

Alexey Eremenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:36:31 PDT 2007

hi all !

I have briefly read the LSB 3.1 specification, and found nothing about
kernel modules, that must exist, either pre-compiled built-in or as
modules.

This is bad, since some applications depend on this or that module.

Examples:
NTFS-3G requires FUSE module
All Virtualization software: (VirtualBox/VMWare) need
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS module for USB support.

To make this kind of software LSB-compatible we need to define min
modules that must present on any Linux system.

What do you think of it?

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"