[lsb-discuss] Moving Qt4 to required for LSB 3.2

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 02:49:06 PDT 2007

[ Alan Cox, Fr., 20. Apr. 2007 ]
> I would concur that this is several years too early in the big scheme of
> things to make QT4 mandatory.

Several years?

We already released the Qt4 module as a "future candidate" alongside LSB 3.1.
We had reached consensus that Qt4 will become mandatory once it is shipped by
the current generation of distributions.

At the LSB summit in December, the LSB leaders reenforced that "future
candidate" modules can become mandatory if all major distributions shipping
in the same year have it. There were no objections to this.

Why do we have this drastic change of the roadmap now?

Olaf