[lsb-discuss] Moving Qt4 to required for LSB 3.2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 09:21:33 PDT 2007

On Friday 20 April 2007, Banginwar, Rajesh wrote:
> Have we received further tests from Trolltech or someone to cover many
> of the Qt4 classes? I think without adequate coverage we should not add
> any new module in LSB.

as Jesper noted, more tests are on the way. however, if you are able to
specify what level of testing would make you comfortable with things then
that would likely help ensure movement towards meeting expectations.

afaik, test coverage is anything but 100% for the LSB as a whole. this
shouldn't be reinforced by adding further gaps, of course, but IMHO as long
as there is forward momentum and demonstrated commitment it shouldn't be a
show stopper given that allowing it to be so in this case would have
substantial adverse effects on ISVs relying on Qt4 with regard to being able
to target the LSB as a meaningful entity.

i believe there is a demonstrated and ongoing commitment to LSB testing
coverage within Trolltech, and testing is a core part of the development
process within Trolltech itself aside from the LSB even. i also believe we
all have a similar goal/commitment with the LSB which includes making it
meaningful in a practical, real-world way to ISVs; and for ISVs using Qt that
certainly is substantially enhanced with Qt being there since that is usually
their primary, and often only, interface to the system.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se