[lsb-discuss] Moving Qt4 to required for LSB 3.2

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Mon Apr 23 14:01:18 PDT 2007

[ Banginwar, Rajesh, Mo., 23. Apr. 2007 ]
> Exactly. We try not to repeat the mistakes made in the past :-) All new
> libraries starting from LSB 3.1 have test coverage, except for Qt3 (and
> libjpeg I think). We never received enough test coverage for Qt3 and I
> would like us to avoid that mistake for Qt4 if possible.

Before LSB 3.1 was released, we discussed the test coverage of Qt3 on a
desktop conference call.

Trolltech said that they have far more tests for Qt4 than for Qt3. They
promised to backport all tests where it makes sense technically, but we
agreed that the Qt3 test coverage would not need to be on par with the Qt4
coverage. Our argument was that Qt3 is heavily used by KDE without any known
version incompatibilities, so Trolltech's resources are better spend
improving the tests of current version.

Olaf