[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.1 Libraries Compliance

elciof at bb.com.br elciof at bb.com.br
Thu Aug 2 06:09:59 PDT 2007

Trying to compile my application using lsbcc from LSB 3.1in OpenSuse 10.2,
some messages called my attention.

Some of the LSB libraries try to link statically. Is it necessary to the
libraries glibmm-2.4, sigc, stdc++, gtk+-2.0, gtkmm2 and others to link
statically instead of dynamically ? Aren't they LSB complience ? Where can
I find what libraries are LSB Complience to LSB 3.1 ?
The problem is that if necessary to compile statically with those
libraries, the final application is going to be very BIG and occupies a
lot of memory for nothing, because the dynamic libraries would be there.

Messages I had:
- Warning: forcing glibmm-2.4 to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing sigc-2.0 to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing stdc++ to be linked statically
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
cannot find -lglibmm-2.4
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: ** [libbbstring.so] Erro 1

The libraries below belongs to gtk+-2.0, and an error is ocurring when try
to link statically pangocairo, it can't be find because I don't have the
static library, just the dynamic library.

- Warning: forcing pangocairo-1.0 to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing cairo to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing freetype to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing expat to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing glitz to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing Xrender to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing Xau to be linked statically
- Warning: forcing Xdmcp to be linked statically
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.1.2/../../../../i586-suse-linux/bin/ld:
cannot find -lpangocairo-1.0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: ** [libgtkwxt.so] Erro 1

Elcio