[lsb-discuss] RFC: Perl Specification

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Thu Aug 2 12:52:50 PDT 2007

I've been working with Richard Dice of the Perl Foundation and it seems
like Perl may have acceptable reference documents already.

Our thinking is to copy these to a permanent location, and then reference
them as we're doing in the protoype Python spec.

Language references:

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/perlfunc.pod
http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/perlsyn.pod
http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/perldata.pod
http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/perlop.pod
http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/perlsub.pod

Module references (from which we'd drill down to the specific module like
the python spec)

http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/ (first block)

Richard also noted perl modules have their own versions. Should LSB

1) specify a module version?
2) check for module version requirements of apps, module versions supplied
by runtimes?

Regards,
--
Stew Benedict