[lsb-discuss] I suspect XPROTO tests do something bad to new (7.2) Xlib

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Mon Aug 27 09:45:59 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I have noted an interesting result in the X11 (vsw4 3.1.1) test suite; please,
does anybody experienced this as well?

It seems that all XPROTO tests are failing, every test point; the log contains
only a message that the test has received the SIGABRT signal, but when
looking on the console when the tests are running, the following line repeats
over and over:

Test: xcb_io.c:285: _XAllocID: Assertion `!(dpy->flags & (1L << 3))' failed.

After some struggling, I have succeeded in recompiling the test suite with
some test prints; it seems that the assertion occurs just at the start of the
test, right in the Create_Client() routine (the very first called in every of
these tests).

I suspect that the XPROTO tests are doing something nasty when they try to
mimic the X protocol. Am I right? Should I do more investigations?

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     tel: +420 284 028 969
190 00 Praha 9                         fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic