[lsb-discuss] Clarification of 3.0 certification (celestia, xpdf)

Alexey Khoroshilov khoroshilov at ispras.ru
Sat Dec 8 01:30:58 PST 2007

Stew Benedict wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Henry Yei wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've noticed that the manual portions of the app-battery celestia and
>> xpaint were not listed in the original testkit manager results, but are
>> listed in the beta test kit manager (1.5) when certifying for LSB 3.0.
>>
>> Are these tests needed for certification?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Henry Yei
>> MontaVista Software, Inc.
>> hyei at mvista.com
>>

> I haven't used the dtk-manager much, but the certification page at:
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/appbat/cert.html
>
> definitely lists these apps as required.
That is true. celestia and xpaint appbat tests are required for LSB 3.0
certification.

Actually celestia and xpaint are so-called "manual appbat tests". They
cannot be executes automatically since user interaction and analysis are
required.

LSB DTK Manager prior to version 1.1 did not support execution of manual
appbat tests. It only writes in Summary Report something like this:
> * Perform Manual Application Battery Tests *
> If you are certifying for the full "Core & C++ & Desktop" profile you
> also need to perform the
> manual <a href="http://www.linux-foundation.org/docs/lsbbook/appbat.html">
> Application Battery</a> tests in addition to the automated tests
> already done:
>
> * Go to the Application Battery Download page.
> * Download the packages corresponding to the LSB version chosen.
> * Go to the LSB Functional Tests page and perform the following
> interactive
>     tests for the LSB version chosen (click particular test name there
>     for instructions on how to do each test):

The beta version of the LSB DTK Manager partially automate manual appbat
tests execution providing integrated description of manual actions to be
performed by a human being. So you can take advantage of the new DTK
Manager and prepare manual appbat test journals with the help of it.

Regards,
Alexey