[lsb-discuss] lsb-xvfb and GLX extension

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Tue Dec 25 04:09:20 PST 2007

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007, Eugene Shatokhin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could someone explain whether the LSB version of X Virtual Frame Buffer supports GLX extension and if it does, how to enable it?
>
> I tried to run a program using OpenGL under lsb-xvfb (1.2.0) on SLES10 (ia32) and got messages like this:
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0"
> The OpenGL functions seem not to work in this case, of course.
>
> When I executed the same program under the 'default' X server, it works just fine.
>
> NB. Xvfb was started in a way similar to how it is done in lsb-test-desktop:
>
> 	/opt/lsb/bin/Xvfb -render -screen 0 1024x768x16 :1.0 -ac +bs -kb -fp /opt/lsb/share/fonts/misc/

Looks like it does not. From what I can find on google, you would call it
with -x GLX to enable glx, and lsb-xvfb complains with a usage message
when I do this, whereas the system on on SLES10 does not. I turned off a
lot of options trying to build it with lsbcc, and perhaps this is one of
them.

The system Xvfb does return data from glxinfo, whereas lsb-xvfb does not.
We could look at enabling glx for lsb-xvfb. Is this something you need for
3.2?

--
Stew Benedict
The Linux Foundation