[lsb-discuss] Distribution-independent printer driver package --first shot

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 08:32:04 PST 2007

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> This error is real:
>
>> Error: Didn't see expected dependency lsb=3.1
>
> while you say "it should work on any modern distro fulfilling
> LSB 3.1" pkgchk thinks you didn't build the package with that
> requirement.

I have intendedly left it out as the LSB Build Environment does not have
an "lsb" package installed. It should have such a package
(meta-package?) installed so that you can install LSB packages in it.

Why can I not use "Requires lsb >= 3.1", are the LSBs not backward
compatible? A package made for LSB 3.1 should also work under LSB 3.2.
Or will the LSB 3.2 package contain "Provides: lsb 3.1, lsb 3.0"?

    Till