[lsb-discuss] Downloads page updated for Update 1, still need a few other things

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Wed Feb 21 06:57:44 PST 2007

Have a look:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Downloads

I haven't tested the new Distribution Testkit yet, as I'm traveling
right now and don't have access to my test machine--I'll do that
as soon as I get home tomorrow, and I'd appreciate it others
could test following the new instructions on the Downloads page.

We also need instructions for using the yum repositories--Russ, perhaps
you could help here?

Mats: I still need text from you for the Specifications page too.

Jeff: The lsb-app-testkit bundle contains the RPMs--we actually want that
to contain just the appchk etc. *executables*, so that developers can run
that stuff from their home directories without needing root.

Vladimir/RAS: Can you create a "How to use the LSB Distribution Testkit"
page in the wiki that I can link to in the Distribution Testkit part
of the Downloads page? I think this information is in the ISPRAS
wiki, but with the release, we should migrate it over the main wiki.

Jeff: Let's be consitent on the testkit file naming. E.g., the Application
Testkit bundle is in a directory called lsb-app-testkit, but the task
package is named lsb-app-test, and the bundle extracts to lsb-app. Let's
change all of those to lsb-app-testkit. (Same with lsb-dist-testkit.)

Do the 3.0 bundles need to be updated using the new build infrastructure?
I'd also like APT/yum reports for the 3.0 SDK and Application Testkit.

-ian
--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590