[lsb-discuss] This is what we should fix

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Feb 22 19:58:33 PST 2007

> Personally, I only use a cellphone or VoiP.  With the former, long
> distance is free, with the latter it's generally $0.01 per minute.

voip is cheap, but often leaves the conference call unusable
by other participants (consider Ian's call into the LF
meeting a couple of weeks ago as a good sample of what happens
on the other end).  I've tried to use skype for conference calls
when I'm travelling, and it's universally been a failure.
Quite simply, at this stage of maturity of the technology,
calling in to a teleconference with voip is *rude*.