[lsb-discuss] This is what we should fix

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 22:02:34 PST 2007

On February 22, 2007, Theodore Tso wrote:
> might be one reason to use a specialized headset, but they take up a
> lot of space in the laptop bag.)

logitech (and i assume others) make headsets for people who travel which fold
down quickly into a very flat design that i hardly notice at all even in my
very small laptop bag (it's hardly bigger than the laptop, which itself is
only a 14" widescreen)

> 3) If you must type while using Skype, fire up aumix and adjust the
> microphone gain down to zero to mute the connection.  The gain will
> creep up so you will need to periodically to keep an eye on it and
> adjust it down as necessary.  When you need do want to talk, you'll
> need to turn up the gain to its original level.

another reason to use a headset: a lot of them come with a mic mute toggle
next to the the volume switch. beauty =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se