[lsb-discuss] Downloads page updated for Update 1, still need a few other things

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Sun Feb 25 06:35:17 PST 2007

Ian:

> Found another problem: lsb-task-dist-testkit depends on
> qmtest_libstdcpp rather than qmtest-libstdcpp. Tsk tsk that no one
> noticed this :-) -ian

This is a real problem, but not the one we would have guessed
at first.

The correct dependency is indeed qmtest_libstdcpp.  However,
dpkg doesn't allow underscores in the name part of package
names, it seems to use them as separators to the version
part and architecture part.  So when the package is converted,
alien (silently) changes the name.

If we look in the repos we see:

beta/yum/repo-ia32/qmtest_libstdcpp-3.4.3-5.1.lsb3.i486.rpm

but

beta/debian/pkgs/qmtest-libstdcpp_3.4.3-5.1.lsb3_i386.deb

So in fact the problem is that in the debian repo, the
package lsb-task-dist-testkit depends on doesn't exist
due to the automatic renaming!!!