[lsb-discuss] Downloads page updated for Update 1, still need a few other things

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Sun Feb 25 13:31:49 PST 2007

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.freestandards.org wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Ian Murdock wrote:
>
>> Found another problem: lsb-task-dist-testkit depends on
>> qmtest_libstdcpp rather than qmtest-libstdcpp. Tsk tsk that no one
>> noticed this :-) -ian
>
> My fault in part -- the yum utilities have a 'repoclosure'
> testing tool, which I forgot to call out in my write up Jeff.

This wouldn't have caught it.

The problem is actually that when the packages are
converted to debs, the silly debian tools silently
change the name of one of the packages, so the
package in the dependency does not exist in the
debian repository.  If you run the test against the
rpm packages in the yum repository, everything
will look fine.