[lsb-discuss] Downloads page updated for Update 1, still need a few other things

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Sun Feb 25 13:36:15 PST 2007

> umm -- Where are the SRPMs?

Looks like they weren't uploaded by the buildmeister.
The tarballs are there.  Our srpms are only partly
useful anyway as they build with the help of "local"
macros which are not captured into the srpm.  They
are, however, sufficient for things like extracting
the specfile.  The scripts you can get from the
binary packages anyway.

> The packages are not presently signed

they are normally signed, but I guess that didn't
happen for the beta packages.  It's a relatively
painless process - you only have to set an
environment variable that informs the makefiles
they should sign with the appropriate LSB signing
key.  When we do the nightly builds, they are
signed (there are autobuilder signing keys used
for this which are not the same as the keys
used for released packages), so it seems kind
of silly to not have the more formal beta
packages signed.