[lsb-discuss] Relation between the POSIX parts of LTP and LSB test suites?

Andrew Josey ajosey at rdg.opengroup.org
Tue Feb 27 03:48:16 PST 2007

Jiri, all

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 12:35 +0100, Jiri Dluhos wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Sorry if I have already asked this before but I can't find any message
> related
> to this...
>
> Is the POSIX part of the LSB test suite (runtime test) somehow related
> to the
> LTP test suite? I have a feeling that these two have a common ancestor
> but
> I'm not sure; I have not found any significant similarities when
> comparing
> source codes of these two.

No they are not related.

> Does anyone know where the LSB POSIX tests came from?

Many of the LSB runtime tests come from the Open Group and its vsx-pcts
test suite for POSIX 1003.1-1990 comprises the POSIX portion of the LSB
runtime. The Open Group has a family of test suite products for all of
POSIX and UNIX system testing from realtime and embedded through to the
main 1003.1 (and former 1003.2) standards. These support the formal
POSIX and UNIX certification programs.

There are also other test suites out there such as the Open POSIX test
suite which includes many tests in the realtime and thread areas in
particular.
regards
Andrew