[lsb-discuss] New package for future LSB version

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at abaqus.com
Mon Jan 8 15:10:07 PST 2007

ABI issues only come into play when one considers C++ due to the symbol
mangling stuff. However, LSB prescribes a version of gcc, thus the ABI
is set. I did suggest originally not to include the C++ interfaces thus
this would eliminate some issues.

I would think if we concentrate on the C interface only, including
OpenMP should not be too difficult. The biggest issue may be to gather
support from the distribution vendors.

Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                   MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
(Robert.Schweikert at abaqus.com)                 LINUX