[lsb-discuss] Update 1: The Plan

Steve Schafer sschafer at freestandards.org
Tue Jan 9 09:46:50 PST 2007

Because of too many outstanding issues, it's impossible today to make a "end
of January" determination on the release of Update 1. So, here's the current
plan:

* Outstanding issues (errant builds, etc) will be addressed throughout the
week
  * Principle parties will stay in touch via IRC and email
  * A global, update email will be circulated via this list on Friday
    (sschafer will initiate)
* The discussion on outstanding issues, stemming from the email mentioned
above
  will continue on next week's call (Jan 16th)
  * The release date we are shooting for is Jan 26th, 2.5 weeks from today
    (this gives us a little wiggle room for the EOM)
  * A (hopefully) final determination on that date will be made next week

Again, it's important for several reasons, to have the release by the end of
January. (That said, it's always more important to have it *right*.) Please
be sure to communicate with others via IRC and email and bring up additional
issues/problems as they occur so we can properly account for them.

Thanks.

-Steve