[lsb-discuss] Update 1: The Plan

Stew Benedict sbenedict at mandriva.com
Wed Jan 10 04:58:35 PST 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> lsb-runtime-test: still being worked on

Some details on runtime.

I'm still fighting the perms issue. Whatever mechanism we relied on in
the past doesn't seem to be recognized by current rpm and just putting
the files in the package without specifying ownership ends up with
everything owned by the user that built the package, in this case root.

We copy "everything" out of the build dir (/home/tet) with rsync to
/var/tmp. At this point the permissions look reasonable, so it's
something rpm is doing internally at the %files stage where they change.

I'm now tweaking %files to specify those special files that need
root.root or root.vsxg0 ownership. Seems better that we have a
documented list than rely on things just being right somehow.

Also, since we rsync the whole tree, rpm spews out a huge list of
"unpackaged files" which just adds to the build noise.  I've gone back
now and changed things to just rsync the bits we intend to package.

Finally, in comparing my rpm to the official 3.1.0-6, I see I'm missing
40-some files, primarily in LSB.pam/testcases, and
POSIX.os/procprim/exec, which probably explains the dismal test results
I've been getting. I'm also missing some files in test_sets/INC, which
don't even seem to be listed in %files in the spec, so I'm not sure how
they got in the previous build, or whether they're needed.

Unfortunately, there is little clue as to why they aren't built when I
try to capture the build output.  I have now installed pam-devel, hoping
that might help and am doing another run, the only other clues I see in
the log is:

*** Starting pthread.h
Missing: symbol matching /CLK_TCK/
Missing: symbol matching /CLOCK_REALTIME/
Missing: symbol matching /CLOCKS_PER_SEC/
Missing: symbol matching /NULL/
Missing: symbol matching /SCHED_FIFO/
Missing: symbol matching /SCHED_OTHER/
Missing: symbol matching /SCHED_RR/
Missing: symbol matching /TIMER_ABSTIME/
*** Completed pthread.h

*** Starting signal.h
Missing: #define        NSIG    (-1)    /* user supplied: (highest_signal_number + 1) */
*** Completed signal.h

*** Starting sys/time.h
Missing: struct itimerval { <members> };
Missing: struct timeval { <members> };
*** Completed sys/time.h

Grepping under /usr/include finds these on my system, so I'm not quite
sure what the problem is.

If anyone with more experience with this beast has suggestions, I'm
listening :)

--
Stew Benedict