[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (Tuesday, January 30, 11am ET) (and LSB 3.1 Update 1 status update)

Jiri Dluhos jdluhos at suse.cz
Tue Jan 30 08:16:08 PST 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 16:07, Wichmann, Mats D spoke thusly:
> >* We need to prepare whatever errata etc. are needed. [Mats owns this.]
>
> The errata text in its current form is here (there
> have been no further changes in the last two weeks):
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/~mats/ERR31-011507.txt

Hi,

I have looked at it and I'm a bit confused...

Do I understand correctly that the errata refer to the LSB specification?

The problem is that the LSB specification, as published on the web, does not
contain any documentation which seems to be referred to by the errata. The
LSB specs contains only lists of functions without any explanation, only with
references to SUS, POSIX, and other specs, but no documentation (which, by
the way, means it is unusable by itself unless I buy all the fat books of
POSIX, SuS, etc. :-( ).

But the errata document seems to contain fixes for the documentation. So, is
it in fact meant as errata to the POSIX or SUS documentation?

Or am I looking at some reduced, abbreviated version of the LSB specs, and the
original has all the info?

Best regards,

    Jiri Dluhos

Jiri Dluhos, LSB development           jdluhos at suse.cz
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                     http://www.suse.cz
Lihovarska 1060/12                     tel: +420 284 028 969
190 00 Praha 9                         fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic