[lsb-discuss] LSB and Binary Portability

Nick Stoughton nick at usenix.org
Tue Jul 3 10:59:26 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 00:25 -0400, no spam wrote:
> Hi
> Is this LSB related of binary portability across different types of
> CPU such as LLVM/LLVA or VP?

The LSB is currently specified as a generic, architecture neutral,
document with 7 architecture specific supplements. It does not at this
point address the low level virtual machine/architecture, nor does it
talk at all about binary portability across architectures.

> Is there any professional linux software development company/team
> familiar with LSB and Linux kernel/device drivers?

The LSB does not specify any kernel or device driver interface.

> Can they do the project with a fixed budget and time limit?
> Thank you.

If you are looking for a consultant or team with LSB and kernel
experience, please feel free to contact me off-list. However, the LSB
workgroup itself is an Open Source project, and cannot make such
recommendations.

--
Nick Stoughton                          Cell: 510 388 1413
USENIX Standards Liaison                Fax:  510 548 5738