[lsb-discuss] ISV Survey- Perl,Python

Stew Benedict stewb at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jul 9 09:06:35 PDT 2007

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> >> http://www.linux-foundation.org/~stewb/lsb-python/pythonspec/
> >>
> >The string, os, and re modules are missing from the required set of
> >modules. I consider these essential. We might also want to consider
> >others from http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/modindex.html
>
> plus, what's with all the underscores in module names?
> for example the "publshed API" is to import bisect, not
> _bisect. The implementation indeed includes a module file
> _bisect.so but we shouldn't be publishing that level of
> detail, should we?

I was wondering about this myself, but not being much of a python expert
it was unclear. I too found the .so file with the underscore and the .py
without.  They got in the list based on Martin's original doc at:

http://www.linux-foundation.org/images/6/66/Lsb-f2f-200612-python.pdf

With some things removed that didn't seem to map between 2.4 and 2.5.
I can certainly go back and remove all the underscored entries. (and add
string, re, os).

--
Stew Benedict
The Linux Foundation