[lsb-discuss] Minutes for July 11 LSB call

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Jul 12 00:40:39 PDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 11, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> Finally, we discussed "the RHEL3 problem": if RHEL4 and SuSE 9 can't
> certify to LSB 3.2 because of Qt 4, then apps may find themselves having
> to choose between supporting these distributions or using other
> essential enhancements in LSB 3.2.  It seems this may be something to
> work out between TrollTech and the relevant distributions.

I don't know the lifetime of RHEL3, but I know the one of SLES9.
And I know the changes from LSB 3.0 to LSB 3.1. SLES9 cannot be
certified for LSB 3.1 already because of too many library changes.
And compared with the time we need to get LSB 3.2 on the road, to
do the certifications and for ISV to implement their applications,
I doubt that SLES9 is a topic at that time at all anymore.

So I don't see here an issue with old distributions and QT4.

  Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)