[lsb-discuss] Re: Error Conflicting Types

elciof at bb.com.br elciof at bb.com.br
Tue Jul 31 11:46:15 PDT 2007

Coping the types.h duplicates the file and DON'T solve the problem.
Have anyone some idea to eliminates the error message ?

Best, Elcio

-------------------------------

Hi people,

I'm having a problem compiling a program using OpenSuse 10.2 (Kernel 2.6)
and LSB 3.1 with the lsbcc compiler. When I try to compile I'm receiving
the error below.

      In file included from /usr/include/linux/kd.h:3,
                       from beep.c:52:
      /usr/include/linux/types.h:21: error: conflicting types for ‘fd_set’
      /opt/lsb/include/sys/types.h:204: error: previous declaration of
‘fd_set’ was here

kd.h
      #ifndef _LINUX_KD_H
      #define _LINUX_KD_H
      #include <linux/types.h>
      #include <linux/compiler.h>
      #endif

What happens is that "kd.h" above doesn't exist in /opt/lsb/include, but
exist in /usr/include/sys, so when it looks for LINUX/types.h inside kd.h
it searches in the distribution include dir (/usr/include/) instead of
looking at lsb dir (/opt/lsb/include/sys). Why types.h in lsb is in
/SYS/types and in the OpenSuse 10.2 distribution is in /LINUX/types.h ??
Can I copy kd.h to /opt/lsb/include/linux and continue with the LSB
compliant ?

Elcio