[lsb-discuss] Looking for comments on Perl, Python (and why not TCL, Ruby, PHP, etc.)

Scott Baeder baeder at cadence.com
Wed Jun 6 08:21:28 PDT 2007

As an ISV, I would wonder WHY others are asking for it?  We have to ship our own copies "embedded" in the software tree we deliver, but I think that is partially because we need specifics (modules, etc.)  And as pointed out, it's pretty hard to "nail down" a P*SB (Perl/Python Standard Base ;-)

So, Along with ISV "requests", we should be collecting some concrete "WHY" they are asking for it.

Scott