[lsb-discuss] Perl, Python in LSB 3.2

Kay Tate ktate at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 18 09:26:57 PDT 2007

Thanks for clarifying, Scott. For Chiphopper, we found it necessary to
specify a minimum version number from a portability standpoint. So far, we
have been successful with "Perl 5.8.0 and newer," though I think I saw
something go by recently on the list about 5.8.8 being the min really to
shoot for.

Best regards,
Kay A. Tate                                        Internet:
ktate at us.ibm.com
Chiphopper Program Manager              Phone: (507) 253-6939
ibm.com/isv/go/chiphopper

             "Scott Baeder"
             <baeder at cadence.c
             Sent by:                  "Stew Benedict"
             lsb-discuss-bounc         <stewb at linux-foundation.org>
             es at lists.freestan                                          cc
             dards.org                 lsb-discuss
                                       <lsb-discuss at lists.freestandards.or
                                       g>
             06/18/07 09:22 AM                                     Subject
                                       Re: [lsb-discuss] Perl, Python in
                                       LSB 3.2

On the other hand, there are a LOT of smaller to medium ISV's that may not
need to do this once things are more stablized.

I think that moving forward, even if the standard is (to start with) just a
specification of what version and where it's located for these willbe a big
step forward, and we can look at more complete specifications and the
inclusion of additional "modules" over time.

Scott