[lsb-discuss] Link errors using LSB 3.0, help!

Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com
Fri Jun 22 08:03:48 PDT 2007

"Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote on 06/21/2007 04:55:03
PM:

# Yeah, too new a distro :-)

Hehe, one of my attempts was to build not using LSB, under SuSE
version 8.1 (!)

# (1) your build host defaults to building with stack protection turned
# on (Feisty is one of these hosts), but this is not supported in LSB
# at the moment since it came in with a newer version of glibc than
# all the distributions can support at the moment (one bit came in
# with glibc 2.3.4, the rest with 2.4.0).  The archive that you build
# will have to have this option turned off when you build static
# archives (see gcc manpage) or final linking against LSB 3.x will
# fail.  We think we can help with this inside lsbcc but that's not
# implemented yet.

But it looked like -fno-stack-protector isn't implemented until
GCC 4.x?  So how does one accomplish that?

# (2) you hit a bug, the XSynchronize function was misclassified as
# gobal data.  There's a fix for this in the development versions
# of the LSB headers for some time now, but there hasn't been a fix
# "backported" to LSB 3.1 or 3.0 yet.

Nuts :)

# If you like, we get get you a fixed copy of the libX11.so stub
# library to see if it indeed makes the difference I expect it will.
# This is ia32, right?

Yes, I don't think we're even 64-bit safe yet, hehe...

That would be great.