[lsb-discuss] Link errors using LSB 3.0, help!

Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com
Fri Jun 22 16:36:16 PDT 2007

"Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote on 06/22/2007 05:28:20
PM:

# Well, it's a new problem; I guess we've moved the
# minor nits out of the way so we can see the real
# problems. This one I don't recognize, so no lightning
# "try this" fix, I'm afraid. It looks pretty nasty,
# hopefully it's just something about how the configure
# is done and/or the way the compiler is called.

Ack :(

# If you send me some instructions how to get where you
# are - which tarball from where, configure opts., etc.
# some of us can poke at it in parallel and see if we
# can figure out what's happening.

Well, the bad news is that (this time) I installed the
deb packages from Feisty.  I'll try again with an
official build...

The only "configure" I ran was on wxWidgets:

CC=lsbcc CXX=lsbc++ CFLAGS='-pthread -Wall -Wundef -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
-march=pentium2 -mtune=pentium4 -mmmx' CXXFLAGS='-pthread -Wall -Wundef
-Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -march=pentium2
-mtune=pentium4 -mmmx' ../wxWidgets-2.8.4/configure --prefix=/usr/local
--with-libpng=builtin --with-libjpeg=builtin --with-libtiff=builtin
--with-libxpm=builtin --with-zlib=sys --with-expat=builtin
--with-regex=builtin --with-x11 --disable-precomp-headers
--disable-joystick --disable-shared

(Most of the C/CXXFLAGS stuff is what wxWidgets turned on
itself.  I added the -march/-mtune switches.)

Actually, a question for you.  Am I better off using
the development packages?  Assuming that I use no
interfaces outside the 3.0 spec, will I still be 3.0
compliant?  (There's not enough that's 3.1 compliant
yet for me to be able to use it.)