[lsb-discuss] Link errors using LSB 3.0, help!

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Jun 22 16:47:33 PDT 2007

Gordon.Schumacher at seagate.com wrote:
> "Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote on 06/22/2007
> 05:28:20 PM:
>
> # Well, it's a new problem; I guess we've moved the
> # minor nits out of the way so we can see the real
> # problems. This one I don't recognize, so no lightning
> # "try this" fix, I'm afraid. It looks pretty nasty,
> # hopefully it's just something about how the configure
> # is done and/or the way the compiler is called.
>
> Ack :(
>
> # If you send me some instructions how to get where you
> # are - which tarball from where, configure opts., etc.
> # some of us can poke at it in parallel and see if we
> # can figure out what's happening.
>
> Well, the bad news is that (this time) I installed the
> deb packages from Feisty.  I'll try again with an
> official build...

I actually meant what you sent below - the details on
the wxWidgets package you're trying to build.

> The only "configure" I ran was on wxWidgets:
>
> CC=lsbcc CXX=lsbc++ CFLAGS='-pthread -Wall -Wundef -O2
> -fno-strict-aliasing
> -march=pentium2 -mtune=pentium4 -mmmx' CXXFLAGS='-pthread -Wall
> -Wundef
> -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -march=pentium2
> -mtune=pentium4 -mmmx' ../wxWidgets-2.8.4/configure
> --prefix=/usr/local
> --with-libpng=builtin --with-libjpeg=builtin --with-libtiff=builtin
> --with-libxpm=builtin --with-zlib=sys --with-expat=builtin
> --with-regex=builtin --with-x11 --disable-precomp-headers
> --disable-joystick --disable-shared
>
> (Most of the C/CXXFLAGS stuff is what wxWidgets turned on
> itself.  I added the -march/-mtune switches.)
>
> Actually, a question for you.  Am I better off using
> the development packages?  Assuming that I use no
> interfaces outside the 3.0 spec, will I still be 3.0
> compliant?  (There's not enough that's 3.1 compliant
> yet for me to be able to use it.)

In theory yes (to the second question), although you'll
have to use lsbappchk from 3.0 to make sure that's what
you got. Someday we'll have multi-version support in
both the build tools and in the checker, so you can
say things like "target 3.0 with this build", but for now
you'll have to pay attention to the issues manually.
That's been on the todo list for a long time but we're
quite a bit closer now that we have a database that contains
versioning information so it can be told to generate
informations for a specific version.

This would be a cool thing for somebody to pop up and
volunteer to work on!