[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.1 Update 1 status (and minutes for 2/20 and 2/27)

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Fri Mar 2 02:39:41 PST 2007

On 3/1/07, Stew Benedict <stewb at aysenterprises.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Ian Murdock wrote:
>
> > Stew reports that, at the command line level, the switch is "-T core",
> > which is mildly confusing (since it's actually Core and C++) and "-T
> > desktop" (or no option at all, since "everything" is the default here
> > too). Since most users will be using the DTK Manager, I'm not too worried
> > about -T core, but I suppose if it's easy to fix, we could change it.
> >

> Could probably be changed easily for libchk,cmdchk. What text do you want
> to use for the -T argument(s)?

Are those the only tools for which it applies? Is runtime test core only?
In other words, to do the "Core and C++" profile, you'd run libchk and
cmdchk with the appropriate -T option and just not run the desktop tests?

If it can be done consistently, how about changing the possibilities
to "-T core,c++" and "-T core,c++,desktop" with the latter being the
default if -T is not specified?

> I was still seeing a problem with appchk, in that it was testing for and
> passing X symbols when I specified "core", possibly because in the past,
> the X libs were part of core. I don't know if Jeff got any further with this
> bit. Pkgchk would probably inherit the same problem.

Let's make sure we look at this. We definitely want X to be part of the
desktop profile.

-ian
--
Ian Murdock