[lsb-discuss] LSB 3.1 Update 1 status (and minutes for 2/20 and 2/27)

Ian Murdock imurdock at imurdock.com
Fri Mar 2 02:51:53 PST 2007

Feedback on the current beta packages:

The APT version of the Distribution Testkit works now; however, it pulls
down all of the test packages. Since it's APT, people who install it are
presumably connected to the network, so isn't it more appropriate to have
"apt-get install lsb-task-dist-testkit" only install the manager package?

There's something wrong with the Debian packages. /opt/lsb/test and
/opt/lsb/distr-testkit (at least) are mode 700. May be others.

On the first screen of the manager, it might be worthwhile to add "If
you're using a beta version of the Distribution Testkit, please select
the custom option, and the standard option will use the released test
packages rather than the beta packages." That's what got me last time.

-ian

--
Ian Murdock
317-863-2590