[lsb-discuss] [Lsb-infrastructure] LSB 3.1 Update 1 status (and minutesfor2/20 and 2/27)

Vladimir Rubanov vrub at ispras.ru
Fri Mar 2 08:30:17 PST 2007

Could anyone please describe what optional LSB module mean in terms of
certification? Well, it is clear that we have specification and tests for
optional modules. It is also clear that if an implementation does not
support functionality from an optional module it is OK for certification.
But what if it does support the functionality from an optional module? Do we
require that it should behave as in LSB in this case (i.e. do we require
passing the tests for optional modules for those distributions that support
them)? What is the sense in writing specification and creating tests for
optional modules in case we do not require anything about them?

The answer for this affects the way we should implement QT4 testing option
in the DTK Manager (whether it is an additional option for Desktop profile
certification or just an unofficial option somewhere).

/Vladimir.