[lsb-discuss] Getting started with LSB Sample Implementation environment

Daniel Yek dyek at real.com
Fri Mar 2 11:33:49 PST 2007

Hi,

I didn't manage to get LSB Sample Implementation working the last time I
tried it. I'm attacking the problem again and I really need support from
LSB SI expert if I ever have a chance of getting it working.

So, I built a C HelloWord program in the LSB Build Environment:
bash-3.1$ gcc -o helloworld helloworld.c

I then copied helloworld into the SI environment and attempt to execute it:
bash-3.1$ ./helloworld
bash: ./helloworld: No such file or directory

I couldn't.

I tried a lot of workaround the last time around and was only barely making
ever slight progress.

I originally did the same thing on a i386 machine and got the same result.
Now, that hard drive is mounted on a x86_64 machine and I think there are
potentially more incompatibilities. So, I'm going to set up a new LSB SI on
a i386 machine and get back to the mailing list later.

I need someone to point out to me how SI can be utilized successfully and
what mistake I made. More info. later as I set up a new SI environment.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Yek