[lsb-discuss] Getting started with LSB Sample Implementation environment

Daniel Yek dyek at real.com
Fri Mar 2 12:30:32 PST 2007

OK, I finished setting up a new LSB SI on i386 Ubuntu Edgy as follow:

wget
http://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/impl/released-3.1.0/binary/ia32/lsbsi-core-ia32-3.1.1.tar.bz2

sudo -i
bunzip2 --keep lsbsi-core-ia32-3.1.1.tar.bz2
cd /opt
tar xvf /home/dyek/temp/lsbsi-core-ia32-3.1.1.tar

sudo /usr/sbin/chroot /opt/lsbsi-core-ia32

/usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/sh dyek
chown dyek:dyek /opt/lsbsi-core-ia32/home/dyek
cp helloworld /opt/lsbsi-core-ia32/home/dyek/

bash-3.1# su dyek
sh-3.1$ cd
sh-3.1$ pwd
/home/dyek

 From outside SI, copy helloworld built from LSB BE into SI.

sh-3.1$ ./helloworld
sh: ./helloworld: No such file or directory

Can core package alone support execution of helloworld?

Thanks.

--
Daniel Yek