[lsb-discuss] Getting started with LSB Sample Implementationenvironment

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Mar 2 13:26:56 PST 2007

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.freestandards.org wrote:
> OK, I finished setting up a new LSB SI on i386 Ubuntu Edgy as follow:
>
> wget
> http://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/impl/released-3.1.0/binary
> /ia32/lsbsi-core-ia32-3.1.1.tar.bz2
>
> sudo -i
> bunzip2 --keep lsbsi-core-ia32-3.1.1.tar.bz2
> cd /opt
> tar xvf /home/dyek/temp/lsbsi-core-ia32-3.1.1.tar
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/chroot /opt/lsbsi-core-ia32
>
> /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/sh dyek
> chown dyek:dyek /opt/lsbsi-core-ia32/home/dyek
> cp helloworld /opt/lsbsi-core-ia32/home/dyek/
>
> bash-3.1# su dyek
> sh-3.1$ cd
> sh-3.1$ pwd
> /home/dyek
>
> From outside SI, copy helloworld built from LSB BE into SI.
>
> sh-3.1$ ./helloworld
> sh: ./helloworld: No such file or directory
>
> Can core package alone support execution of helloworld?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Daniel Yek
>

> At 11:33 AM 3/2/2007, Daniel Yek wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I didn't manage to get LSB Sample Implementation working the last
>> time I tried it. I'm attacking the problem again and I really need
>> support from LSB SI expert if I ever have a chance of getting it
>> working.
>>
>> So, I built a C HelloWord program in the LSB Build Environment:
>>
>> bash-3.1$ gcc -o helloworld helloworld.c
>>
>> I then copied helloworld into the SI environment and attempt to
>> execute it: bash-3.1$ ./helloworld bash: ./helloworld: No such file
>> or directory

this message (when you know darn well the file is there)
is *always* a sign that the dynamic linker bound into
the binary is not found on the system.  The LSB SI has
*only* the LSB linker name (/lib/ld-lsb.so.3 on ia32), not
the normal linux linker (/lib/ld-linux.so.2 on ia32).
So this is a sign of a non-LSB binary.